Will MSMA overspray kill Schrubbs?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Choctaw Scalper, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Choctaw Scalper

Choctaw Scalper LawnSite Member

I was spraying MSMA the other day and a gust of wind blew some overspray onto a customers scrubbs. Do you think it will kill them.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

If they were shrubs..yes it could kill them.Ya should have tried to wash them off with water right away.

3. Choctaw Scalper

Choctaw Scalper LawnSite Member

I shouldn't be drinking and posting!!!

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Choctaw...nor should you be spraying in windy conditions.Now I know the wind..I was born in a place they call The Birthplace of the Wind..so I know that "gusts" of wind don't just come out of nowhere...I suggest you be more carefull and only spray when there is NO windy conditions.

5. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

On the other hand, getting rid of a few scrubs might be a good idea.

6. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Drinking and posting is ok, but I would avoid drinking and spraying... When I was first learning how to spray, I accidentally got a little drift of some Lesco 3-way/fertilizer mix onto a customers Bleeding Heart. This was a very large specimen, absolutely beautiful. It was probably mid to late spring, and I only got a smidge on it. Well, 3-way induces epinasty, "downward spiraling" as they call it. Basically the branches of the plant got a little twisted, and then it recovered perfectly. When I showed back up and saw it, the customer asked me if I could do it to the rest of her plants too. It did look pretty interesting, I must say, but boy, did I get lucky with that one!!