Will older Ultra-Vac's fit the new Triton decks?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TLS, May 25, 2006.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Will be getting a new ZTR soon. I'm between Hustler and eXmark right now and dealer support is the MAJOR deciding factor right now.

What I want to know is if my current Ultra-Vac bagger would fit a newer Lazer? (I'd be looking at a 60" XS)

I guess I will need a new bagger mount for the rear, a new spindle pulley, but will I need a new fan unit?

What all would I need and what would the general ballpark cost be?

Thanks!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello TLS,
    Yes your Ultra Vac system will work with the new Triton decks. You will need a blower rebuild kit, part # 109-4007, cost is around $200. There is also a complete blower kit for $600, part # 109-1128. I think that is all you might need.
    Thanks Brian

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Brian.

I guess I'm also concerned with the bagger mounting frame that bolts to the rear of the tractor. Wouldn't these mounting brackets differ as well?

It's my understanding that a XS Lazer has a totally different frame than my old LC Lazer.

Thanks..

4. eXmark

Hello TLS,
    Let us know the model and serial # of the Lazer and Ultra Vac and we can tell you exactly the parts you will need to hook up with the 60" XS.
    Thanks Brian

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Lazer: 263905

Ultra-Vac: 279520 (Thats what my invoice says on it anyway. Purchased it 9-21-01)

6. eXmark

TLS,

It's darn tricky making sure that we have everything when doing these swaps from one serial range of machine to another, especially when also changing model type, but this should be (short of some hardware) everything you'll need.

109-4007: blower rebuild kit or 109-1128: Complete blower assembly. Just a note, the blower rebuild kit is only 2 parts plus hardware, but you basically disassemble the complete blower, replace the main weldment and plastic chute and reassemble. Making sure you get the bearings set square is really the only difficult thing, but it is time consuming.

103-7876: 2" front weight bracket. The front caster arms are both 2" square tubing on the XS. I believe your machine has one 1.5" and one 2" arm.

109-1167: Drive Kit. This is the new pulley, belt, belt cover etc...

(2) 103-2975-03: Bagger mount plates. These are the rear plates you discussed to mount the bagger assy to the frame of the machine.

(4) 103-1155-03: Bagger spacer plates. These simply space out the mounting plates to accomodate the rear mount.

I know it sounds like a lot, but with the exception of the blower assembly rebuild (if that's what you decide to use), you'll be removing all of the old parts while switching it over anyway. I'm a service guy, not a salesman, but this time I'd agree with a salesman and tell you that I'd spend a little more up front and purchase the complete blower assembly instead of the rebuild.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Wishing everyone a SAFE and enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend!

Thanks,
    Lenny

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the info Lenny.

Though I know the XS has 2" arms on both, I would have never thought about that until I tried to put those front weights on! Good attention to detail on your part!

What would be the approximate cost of the rebuild kit vs the entire blower assembly?

I would like to try to work this Ultra-Vac switchover into the whole "package" my dealer is offering. I'll have to look into which way suits me best, and having approx. list prices would help a lot.

Hope everyones holiday went great!

8. eXmark

TLS,
    The Blower rebuild kit is $195 and the Complete Blower is $595.
    Brian

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Brian.

So...$195 for the rebuild kit.

About how much more for the other brackets and drive kit.

It's not looking like such a great deal now.

The SuperZ WITH their bagger is coming in cheaper than an XS with modding my old UV to work.

I'm DEFINATELY going to have to demo BOTH exact machines and crunch numbers some more.

Thanks for all your help.

10. eXmark

Hello TLS,
    Here are a few more of the part prices you needed.
    109-1167-Drive Kit $136
    103-7876-2" Front Weight Bracket $90
    103-2975-03-Bagger Mt. Plates $15.60 each
    103-1155-03-Bagger Spacer Plates $2.50 each
    Thanks Brian