Will someone please send some rain to us folks in SE Georgia

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, May 24, 2004.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Hello. Ive been reading about how some of you folks are having trouble staying caught up because of rain and grass growing inch a day. Will you PLEASE send us some! It has rained 3 times since January at my place, my whole yard is dead except for weeds. The only thing keeping me going is bahha grass and that stuff could survice a nuclear blast at ground zero, and it is tough to cut when it gets dry. I do have a few customers with irrigation sysems. This is the worst drought Ive seen since the early 1990s. Last year at this time it was raining every day but its gone now!

Danny

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

If I could send some of ours, trust me I would. There is enough to water the whole country with up here

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll make a call.

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Expert lawns,please send all you can spare.

5. griffithtlc

griffithtlc LawnSite Member

If I knew Mother Natures number I would call and have her send you some of the rain were getting here in Minnesota

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

have to agree with ya on that one

7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i just called God, and asked him to please hold off the rain and change the jet stream a bit. He said he would...

In all actuality though, our lake (27 miles of shoreline) has risen 1'7" in the past 30 days!!!! some break walls are completly under water and with the wind causing the rough water, peoples yards are being washed out. FLOODING LIKE MAD UP HERE.

Front page of the oakland press was "where will all this water go" Even the rivers are well above flooding levels..by two -three feet.

trevor

8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

We haven't had any rain here in Raleigh in a while either. Really need some soon!

9. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

You know something kinda funny along these lines:
    Today i was looking at the www.wunderground.com to get a feel for this coming mowing week.. As i am looking at yet another screen of green, headed towards MI, my girlfriend peers over my shoulder and says something along the lines of "hey it looks like you will be able to finish your jobs on time this week"

I SAY: are you kidding look at the rain coming
    Her reply: Well maybe it will go the other way towards Wisconsin, and out west...

That is almost as bad as jessica simpsons "buffalo have wings?"

trevor

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

You can come scrape the water that's standing on top of most of my lawns right now. More than enough to water the south.