Will someone please show me a picture?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siclmn, Feb 16, 2001.

1. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

Will someone with a RBG grinder please show me a picture of how the blade is held next to the wheel so that I can see how the thing works.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The Chill factor is 3 below zero, so it's to cold to go take another picture. Here is one that I took a long time ago. You can see where the paint is wore off the table part of the grinder, this is where you slide the blade across the grinder wheel while holding the blade flat to the grinder table. Does this help or do you need to see a blade laying there?

Others with this grinder can see where I added more width to my table and at the very bottom of the picture you can see the two bearings bolted to the front of the addition I put on, which is a very accurate balancer and it's in a handy spot.

Eric

[​IMG]

[Edited by Eric ELM on 04-10-2001 at 12:09 PM]

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I found a picture with a new blade, first sharpening on the balancer. This shot might make it easier to figure out how the blade slides across the wheel on the left.
    [​IMG]

[Edited by Eric ELM on 04-10-2001 at 12:00 PM]

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I think what he (and I) would like to see is how a mulching blade is sharpened-not a Gator but a gen-u-ine real honest-to-goodness mulcher blade.

5. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Holly ****, that thing, looks huge. Or does it just look big in the picture??? Where can I get one. If you lie the blade flat on the table will it get the correct angle. or do you have to eye ball it.What is the cost of that machine, and is it worth it. What size is that wheel??

6. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

luckylawnboy

A.M. Leonard is the place to get one. It is $419.34 (less 5% if purchased before Feb. 28). It has a 8" ceramic wheel. The weight is about 66# if that is any indication of the size.

7. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

Is this the same as a Moon's? There is a picture of one in this months Landscapers Market Place on page 37.