will the 20 hp kohler on a exmark 60 Turf Tracer wb pull a velke/ cut well?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Feb 19, 2006.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I want the 23hp but i can only find 20hp machines so far. Can they cut well with only 20hp and will they be able to tow a two wheeled velke with my 195lb butt on it? Thanks Why is it so hard to find the 23hp machines?

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a bunch of 60 in Turf Tracers on Ebay. Just be careful I think they are from Brickman's. Repairs on hydros can be a lot.

3. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I think they are from brickman's. What is the deal with them? I am not familiar with them. Is the 20hp sufficient? Thanks

4. Willmow4dough

Willmow4dough LawnSite Member

I currenly have 2 of the 52's with 19 kaw on them. I think that you can get by with one of these but when we rebuy we will get 23's for the hills.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

When in doubt go with the larger engine.....never heard of someone complaining of too much power bt plenty complain with not enough. Good luck!!!

6. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

Hustlers super walkbehinds have 25hp. To be exact the cut on the 54 is 55.5". The cut on the exmark (I've been told) is only 59.5". Hustler is the only maker that undersizes their cut width.
    Doing the math you are only taking a 4" difference. The H bar far exceeds the overall comfort and ability of ECS controls.
    Finding a dealer is another issue.........

7. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

A 12 hp engine will easily pull a velke and rider. When deciding on what hp engine to get, decide based on how fast you want to go through thick/tall grass without bogging the blades down. The drive system sees little or no effect due to a lower than normal hp engine.

JV