Will this fit in a 6' X 12'?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, Aug 23, 2001.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, just a real quick question here, does anybody know from experience that a 36" wb with Jungle Wheels (in their up position), and a 60" ZTR will fit in a 6 X 12 open trailer with a tool/gas can rack up front? I could go to the eXmark dealer and try, but I am not positive that I want to buy. Thanks, Mike

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes...it would be a tight fit for the Lazer Z(width wise though).

3. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it will fit. Put the WB in first sideways and drive the 60 on.
    Very tight fit most likely.

4. roscioli

I figured it would fit width wise :D Length was my concern... Thanks

5. LoneStarLawn

You dont have to even turn the WB sideways...straight up will work.

6. Take the Z and drive it on forwards. Then take the walk behind and position it sideways in back of the Z. It will work, but it will be tight. If you are planning on getting an Ultr-a-Vac just get another trailer too.

7. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48" Exmark w/b with a velky, and a Exmark Lazer HP 52" that fit on my 6.5x12 open trailer, I also have a 21" Airens on the trailer. I have the Exmark Walkbehind and the 21" all the way to the front of the trailer facing forward side by side, and then the Lazer behind them(also facing forward). It works great, a little tight, but there is some room to spare for gas cans between the Lazer and the 21".

8. LoneStarLawn

I don't know why but the 48" Wb are shorter in length than the 36" WB. I was not figuring jungle wheels when doing it straight up since we do not have them.

9. roscioli

Thanks guys- The jungle wheels shouldnt be too much of a problem unless i need to pull the front end of the rider under the handle bars of the wb, because I have a chain that can hang the wheels right from the bar to save space. Where else in the world would I have been able to go and get 6 responses in only an hour? ONLY AT LAWNSITE dot COM!

10. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Just incase your 12ft are shorter than mine, you could also position everything on the trailer as I said above, only turn the walkbehind around backwards, so the handle bars and the jungle wheels hang off the front of the trailer, instead of taking up room on the trailer. That should pinch a few inches if you need them, just be careful on your tongue length so that when you corner the w/b doesn't hit the truck. Just one more possibilty.