Will this fit?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by EliteImpressions, Feb 20, 2008.

1. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

The is probably a stupid question but...

There is an older toro proline 32" that I want to pick up about 25 miles from my house. I have a mercury sable right now as Im still looking for a truck. Do you think its possible to get the mower in the trunk? Ive never dealt with commercial machines before so if someone has done this can let me know, that would be great.

Also, if someone can give me the approx demensions of the mower that would be helpful too.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

wow. please take pictures.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Find someone who has a truck, your not going to get that mower in trunk without tearing up the car.

4. Raven386

from CT

you must know someone who has a truck... everybody seems to know when you buy a pick-up, you suddenly become their new best friend!

5. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah find someone who has a truck and give them some gass money, b/c Its not gonna fit in teh trunk because its way too back heavy cause of the motor and even if it fits thats not too safe at all, because the mower is a good size and not alittle push one.

but goodluck.

6. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Thanks, I figured I couldnt fit it.

Absolutely no one I know has a truck and to rent one would be $50+ and I think thats a waste. I guess Ill wait a another week or two to pick up the mower. Just hoping no one buys it in the mean time.

7. Raven386

from CT

why not look at renting a uhaul van... arent they 19.95 for the first 75 minutes or something like that....

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Elite - best of luck trying to fit that into a car trunk - but yeah probably best to wait until you have a p/u. If you do go for it, take pics and post:)

9. Raven386

from CT

U-Haul
    Pickup truck
    Capacity: 64 cu. ft.

$19.95
    plus $0.59/mile

10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

That mower is near 400lbs...is it the one blade 32 Classic or the two blader 32?

You'll need a ramp one way or another whether truck, trailer or van...or 2 friends if you don't.

Someone with a tilt trailer would be good to know about now!