Will this idea make money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Pallas, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

We've already had a half dozen calls from customers from last year that want us to do something to get their lawn back in shape after last year's drought. With this in mind I was thinking about offering a "drought lawn repair program" - maybe including an aeration, some over/topseeding, perhaps a starter fertilizer application, etc...
    My question - does anyone have any advice on what really works to help bring back and strengthen drought damaged lawns? Bear in mind, we're in the Midwest/Great Lakes and we'll get lots of spring hydration anyway - that usually tends to green things up in the spring regardless - but any tried and true tips/techniques for drought repair? Thanks.
  2. Go to

Get there free video
    it will show you how to

hydroseed damaged areas in lawns.

You can get a nice hydroseeder for about $2,000.00

Get the video

The video is very informational
    but other weise the video sucks
    but a lot of information for any one not farlimar wit hydroseeding
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it probally make some green in your pockets.
    The only problem with doing seeding in the spring is the new seedlings germinate, but the roots don't grow enough before the heat and humidity zaps them. If it was not large areas I would do them but for large jobs, the preferred time to do them is in the fall when roots can get a better start, and then next spring, they grow better before humidity and heat does them in.