Will this make a good residential rig???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowinforaliving, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my old 5x8 that I was trying to sell awhile back. I decided to keep it and added some expanded metal sides this weekend. Im going to use it to haul my new Scag and do residentials and small commercial accounts. Trimmer racks will be here UPS this week. I already had that blower rack as a spare. Im going to paint it black I think so itll match. Tell me what you guys think.

before.jpg

small trailer.jpg

little trailer.jpg

2. Mowinforaliving

I also painted it and welded on some light mounts up top on the back. I bought a lighting kit and installed the signal lights too.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Will the scag fit?:drinkup:

4. Mowinforaliving

Yep. Gotta back it on the trailer in order to get off the mower once it's been parked though, otherwise climb over the engine.

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Guess I have never understood the point of the high sides like that... Also, won't you need a 21" at least, to get back yards? Will that fit on there too?

6. Mowinforaliving

I have one and it fits. High sides provide a little security, the ability to haul away limbs, hang equipment and bungy things to it, etc..

7. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I agree it will provide those things. Though I have an enclosed trailer, I also have a U-Dump trailer for hauling debris.

Your trailer is a little small. However, I believe it will serve your purpose until you grow your company.

DJ-

8. Mowinforaliving

Im just going to use this for residentials. When it comes to the 29 acre roadway I mow and the 4 acre lot for the city and things like that I will use my 16' landcape trailer in the picture above to haul my Bad Boy on.

9. Mowinforaliving

Here's my bigeger one.

here it is.jpg

10. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I guess that is a question only you can answer. I think that if it serves the purpose and your stuff fits on it, it will be a great set up for resi's. Best of luck with it.

I saw the pics of your Scag on the other thread. Very nice!!!