will this take you out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnPro in NC, Sep 10, 2002.

1. LawnPro in NC

LawnPro in NC LawnSite Member

2. LawnPro in NC

LawnPro in NC LawnSite Member

3. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Those crafty damn New Zealanders what will they think of next.
    Yes sell you ZTRs the robots are taking over:D

This is what all the fuss is about.Basic yet but Husqvarna are putting a lot of money into it.

robot mower nz.jpg

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Nah. It can't stripe (yet?). It can't edge or really actually trim, I think. I think for people that want something like this, whoever comes out first, Husqvarna, probably, will make it affordable for the low-end homeowners to be able to buy one, or it may be fairly expensive. This may be a good thing for us. If you tailor to cheap azz lawns, you're gonna get jipped. I'd say the the people that care enough about their lawn to hire a human being to mow it, they will. Which means saved time by not having to go bid **** lawns! This thing could actually help us! :D

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Looks like it would make for some interesting target practice.

30-06 and a good scope. :D

6. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed that according to the article, the Husky company is owned by Electrolux.

Here's a quick fact you may or may not know. When Electrolux first started sending vacumn cleaners to the U.S. they didn't know all the double meanings of many English words. They almost killed themselves when their slogan was:

"Nothing sucks like an Electrolux!"

True story.

7. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

You could set up your ZTR mower to mow the lawn for you, with a combo of global navigation, are a computer to store the memory of how you mowed the lawn the first time, and some large remote control parts, But how dangerous would that be?
    Ive though of making one remote control, you could just site in the shade and drive your mower! That would be fun!

8. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Banned

How about this: You buy 10 or 15 of them and set up your clients lawns, then you just move them around among your 70 to 100 clients. :)