Will two full size Lazer Z's fit on a 12 foot trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tynash, May 1, 2011.

1. tynash

tynash LawnSite Member

Currently I have a Lazer Z HP with 52 inch deck and a full size Lazer Z EFI with 60 inch deck. I currently have a 12 foot trailer and I want to know if both mowers will fit on my trailer. I really don't want to buy a new one.

2. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

5' 4"x12, no. 6x12, maybe, if you can find a way to overlap the tails enough by parking them end to end. I can fit two smaller ztrs on a 5' 4"x12, but just barely. But then everything else will need to go in the truck bed.

Most full size ZTR's will be 6 1/2 feet long or so. With insets for front wheels and such it comes down to a matter of inches and depends on the design of the mowers themselves. Get the measuring tape and spec pages out and work it out to be sure.

3. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to be rude but if you already have these mowers and this trailer why not just take a half hour and try it and find out for yourself?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

I agree wholeheartedly with TNgrasscutter. I might be going out on a limb here, but I say take a smoke break and try it, and come back and tell us if they fit or not. Sounds crazy, but you might find out your answer. :hammerhead:

5. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

Must have PICS

6. tynash

tynash LawnSite Member

Geez people... I guess I should have explained the situation a little more clearly. Yes currently I have the mowers listed above and they fit just fine on a 12 foot trailer. However, if you notice in the subject line I am asking if 2 full size lasers will fit on a 12 foot trailer. My two lazers are not full size which is why I am reaching out to this super knowledgeable forum. I figure someone out there has tried fitting 2 lazer z's on a 12 foot trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

No way they will fit I have a new lazer z full size 60 inch and a 54 inch lesco ztwo and there is no way both will fit not even close. My 32 inch walk behind wont even fit with the lazer unless turned sideways.

8. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

No harm no foul. Sorry man, that's all I saw. But anyways, yeah, there's no way both will fit. Might not even fit on a 14' trailer depending on the actual model. Ferris has a diesel 61" that is 7'3" long. But most full size gassers are going to be between 6'6 and 7'0 long.