1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Will work for beer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bob Minney, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Next door neighbor is trying to buy the house from a room mate that is going bankrupt. Anyway he catches me in the garage the other day and wants me to ID some weeds in back lawn & give suggestions on other problems.
    :rolleyes: didnt want to do any work but figured I could send him right direction. Worst problem was milo, told him it probably came from my birdfeeders :blush:
    So all done and he says do you want this ginness stout left over from party and nobody here will drink it
    Sure :D never meet a beer I didnt like. 3-6 packs. was walking back home and realized kerrappp I got myself working for beer now.
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Beer Hell, thats MUD my friend -LOL!!!
  3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

drinking mud won't put hair on your chest.
  4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

3-6 packs!! That 18 milkshakes!!

good beer though; had a couple of newcastles with a cust. a while back.

It's not a good practice; but if they are offering, they arn't frowning at you either.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

At least it wasn't a cookie. :D
  6. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats cutting out the middle man!! Saved you a trip to the liq. store. $8 per 6 pack is good money!
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That stuff keeps the joints greased.

Tastes great, quite filling.

I have worked for beer in the past also, it aint all that bad.
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Demand It. Like was Said it cut's out the middle man.
  9. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Hoss, whats wrong with working for cookies. I've got this sweet little old lady that bakes me about 2 doz. chocolate chip cookies once a month. Always looking forward to them. I'm a suker for a good chocolate chip cookie.:blush: A beer would be good to. don't know if I could choke down a Guiness right after mowing, they are pretty thick.LOL Marc

Are We Having Fun Yet???:drinkup:
  10. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

Chuckle chuckle...knee slapping good time:D you're sooooo fuuuunnnnny!!!!:laugh: :drinkup: