1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

will x-one seat fit on fastrak sd

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jakespeed, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jakespeed

jakespeed LawnSite Member
    from nc

can the deluxe seat (part #602967) be swapped with the stiff-back seat on the fastrak sd ? i need more padding

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

The bolt pattern should be the same on the two seats. I have never switched that seat onto a FasTrak and my only concern would be the width and making sure it fits between the fuel takes. Simple measurements at your dealers showroom should answer that question.

Brian O

3. jwt

jwt LawnSite Member

Yes you can. I have an X1 that came with a standard seat. I also have a FTSD. I installed the X1 seat on the FTSD with no issues. I purchased a deluxe suspension seat from Northern tool for around $400 and bolted it to the X1 with no issues. Same seat that hustler uses except it is black
    jwt

4. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

There you have it! Thanks jwt,

Brian O

5. jakespeed

jakespeed LawnSite Member
    from nc

finally got around upgrading my seat, the seat i had was killing my back

northern tool is now selling suspension seat for $350, & they had a $20 off special & i had a $50 off coupon plus i got free delivery to local northern store

bolt pattern was the same & the safety switch, whether it's normally open or normally closed, matched my existing seat

new seat didn't slide back all the way, i'm only 5'10" but i like my legs stretched out so i trimmed some metal off the top of the latch that locks the seat down & all was well

thanks for the tip jwt

suspension seat has much better back support & a suspension bottom as a bonus. it looks to be the same seat currently sold on the super z but in black instead of grey