Will you guys work 4th of July?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kleankutslawn, Jul 3, 2008.

1. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

im a little behind and was just wondering.I know alot of answers will differ but i want to here them thanks guys
  2. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

NO Sir :usflag:
  3. dga504

dga504 LawnSite Member

No gonna enjoy the day off!:usflag:
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Hey cool, another "will you be working on this holiday" thread...

Yes, I will be working. There's just no humanly way for me to do all my lawns and take a whole day off, all that means is that I have to work 12-14 hours a day for several days just to get that day off. Well that's dumb...

I did however get about 1/3 of my friday lawns done tonight, leaving me 10 to do tomorrow. If I show up and there's cars there or whatever I'll skip it till saturday, I highly doubt that I will have ANY problems getting them all done.
  5. brianhanson37

brianhanson37 LawnSite Member

I have a little bit of my own lawn to finish, otherwise no, not on lawncare.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i wasnt going to but a costomer said they wernt going to be home and would rather have it mowed on the 4th than a day late or a day early so i guess ill be working for a bit
  7. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

well at least im not alone
  8. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

taking the day off
  9. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one residential left to do from today's list, put it off because we need to plant a tree and do a few little odds and ends in the beds while we're there, no sense making a trip today and tomorrow. And have two commercial props to do some irrigation repairs on. Probably a half a day or so total. I always try to schedule Friday off anyway from mowing. Leave it as a day for fert/squirt, little landscape jobs, other maintenance stuff, etc.

Will be doing the church that we service every Friday. Nobody will be there but have the alarm code so can do the courtyard and have access to the bathroom. Family BBQ in the afternoon and then to the high school for the fireworks. Everyone have a safe 4th.