Will Z max spray pre-emergents.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by acts 2:38, Sep 4, 2006.

1. acts 2:38

acts 2:38 LawnSite Member

Will Z spray, spray dimension, simizine, barricade?

2. acts 2:38

acts 2:38 LawnSite Member

Will the z spray EC's, water dispersible granulars, or wetable powders effectively. Looking to purchase this machine. Thanks

3. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

sorry, cant answer because dont own that machine

just wanted to comment on your screen name

though the gate be narrow....good to know His people are scattered everywhere

4. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

You can change out the nozzles on a Z-Spray to deliver at least 1 gallon per k if not more, so you could technically apply many pre products. My question is why would you? The machine is designed to spray at low volume (1/3 gal. per k) so that you can cover over 2 acres with the 40 gallons you carry on the Z-max. If you want a pre, spread granular out of the 200 lb hopper and refill with the 100 lbs from your carrying racks and and you can do pre/post/fert at once on 2 acres plus.

5. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I am pondering the same thing. I have the z-spray walkbehind. In my area when you put down pre-emergents there is no need for post emergents yet. Barricade can be applied at a minimum of 1/2 gallon/1000 sq. ft. The z-pray has a very good agitation . Does anyone with a z-spray apply liquid pre-emergents with it? Thanx

6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I am sure the Z can spray preemergents. If 20 gals/acre is not enough change the nozzles, increase the pressure, or decrease your speed.

7. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

No pre-emergents yet.will be this coming year though. At first glance there seems to be no problem. I have put down Drive this year for the first time with good results though. I pre mix it then add it to the tank. we use the grey or 1 gallon nozzles. Drive has to have that for a carrier to be applied. Use of other nozzles is necessary based on the needed volume of water to put the chemical down properly.

8. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

i used my lazer to apply barricade and it worked great dissolved in in a measuring cup then poured into tank

9. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of Lazer did you use? How big of a tank does it have?

10. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

How well will the Z handle hills??