1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wind is killing Me!@!!#$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by troblandscape, Dec 2, 2003.

1. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I only have 15 Fall clean-ups left and for the past three weeks we have had two days of each week with wind gusts of over 30 mph.............................. I can't make any money blowing against that kind of wind, I would rather blow wet leaves:angry: :angry: :angry:
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the wind killed us back in the middle of November with clean ups. We had two really hard windy days that blew all the leaves off from the customers properties. We had about 12-18 clean ups scheduled that were called off because the wind did the work for us. It was very depressing.
  3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah...I was out installing mulch past 2 days and it was blowing off the fork as I was putting it down. It's so flat down here, theres nothing to block it.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

As hard as I try, Mother Nature doesn't want to work on my payroll. The good thing for you is that your competition is up against the same problem. Spring is coming. Smile.
  5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear ya...and now they are calling for a wash/snow-out from Friday thru Sunday! Although it will be great weather for the Eagles/Dallas game!!!
  6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I feel your pain man. Were about to pack it up for this season. This morning it was 20 degrees out, and windy as anything. If people want to call us this late in the season to do cleanups, they can just wait till spring. Gotta get the snow stuff ready for this weekend. God it's time for a vacation. :mad:
  7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like I have about 2 solid weeks of clean-ups to go. Really not heavy leaves, most properties were done once in Nov. But the weather isn't looking too good right now for Friday. Just an inch of snow but it will screw us. Yeah, a vacation sounds real good right now. Mike
  8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

You should probably stop eating so many beans!:blob2:
    Sorry, That was a shocker! I'm leaving................