Wind is turning me Postal!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Nov 27, 2002.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya'll know the scene. Pull up to a fall cleanup. Have the perfect 20 mph wind at your back. Start blowing the leaves towards the woods. About 2 hours(halfway point of job) into the cleanup you have this mass of leaves and then the wind decides to do an about face and switches directions. Time to pack up and hit the pub!!!!

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I like your "Plan B" (pack up and hit the pub). A true professional should always have an alternate plan.
    Crawdad
    :drinkup:

3. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i don't understand why we all don't just carry a lawn chair, cooler, matches, bucket of water. get to the job strike a match, watch it burn, sit around and wait for them to burn out! :)

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Planning, planning! Go to www.weather.com and find your local weather. Click links to get to hourly details for your area, and it shows precipitation probability and wind direction and speed by the hour for next 60 hours. Then plan your work for the day so you're working with the wind at your back as much as possible.

Of course, only your experience will tell you where the wind swirls unpredictably, LOL.