1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Windmill blower/trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by musselman, Oct 8, 2002.

1. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

Has anyone used windmill blowers or trimmers. I live 4 hours from a decent dealer of anykind. I was thier this weekend and I needed a new blower and trimmer, I told him I wanted the most reliable due to the far trip I have to make to get repairs done and he recommended Windmill...he sells a variety of equipment including Sthil, echo, redmax, Windmill, and Kawasaki...and maybe some others...he says all his commercial guys are happiest with the Windmill and since he has been selling them he has only one ever come back in...that was due to a dirty air cleaner (poor maintenance)..Anyways he sold me a blower and a trimmer and I was just wanting some opinions about this equipment....Thanks
  2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

first time ive ever heard of them
  3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

5. musselman

from utah

Thanks for the websites guys.....yes they are kawaski engines, Windmill only makes commercial grade equipment so I know they should be good....was just wondering if someone has any personal experance with this brand....if not Ill know little after todays work.
  6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I had a windmill blower that lasted at least 2 full seasons of mowing & blowing leaves. They are not too bad for the price.

7. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Never heard of that brand, I've found that stihl is the best among trimmers and blowers that I've come across.
  8. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Musselman, we bought a new 850 BTX blower this year, we always ran Sthil and Redmax blowers prior to buying the Vandermolen. As far as power goes the Redmax blowes it away ,the only problems that we have had with the Vandermolen is with the fuel lines staying on the blower, other than that they have run real well so far.

9. musselman

from utah

After running the trimmer and the blower yesterday im impressed. The blower has lots of power...if the red max has more that alot of power, i have an echo and the windmill is much stronger and seems lighter in weight. The trimmer runs good, it runs real smooth, but bogs down a bit when the string get out a bit to far...I went ahead and put the deflecter on it to keep the string shorter lastnight....have to see if that works better. So far so good, but it was only one day and a short one at that....time will tell