Windsheild time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rjh4758, Jun 4, 2010.

1. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

I would like to hear how much time or miles you or your crew spend behind the wheel on your longest route.

2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

2 years ago we had a route that took about 2 hours to get to. We gave it the old heave ho once the economy tanked.

I will not do it again, nice tight routes now, all within 10 miles of the shop.

3. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

I drive about 22 miles for one of my accounts, I'm hoping to pick up some neighbor's to this one, otherwise it get's the shove at the end of June.

I could add that in total I drive something around 36-38k miles a year.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I put 9,000 miles a year on the truck, total.

5. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

Most of my accounts are in one town 30 miles away from me. I live in a rural area. Just wondering what most others have to drive.

6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

wow, my farthest client is 5 miles away. It takes 8 minutes to drive from one end to the other. You folks do a lot of driving!

7. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

My farthest account is only 9 miles from my house, most of mine are around 3-5 miles, I love it! The part I hate most about windshield time is getting stuck at every freaking red light there is, and its always on the busiest days. Especially great when around 50 cars on the main drag all stop to let one or two cars from a side street go, or when there is not any cars at the intersection and the light still goes red???? Why should all those cars stop when no one is even on the cross street? Burns me up sometimes when this happens!

8. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

If I stayed within 5 miles I would only have my yard to mow. LOL but I will take the drive to live in the country.

9. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm usually 30miles total a day.

10. SLMGT

SLMGT LawnSite Member

300 miles a week including picking up parts, giving estimates etc.