1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

windshield wipers crapped out on me

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by senor plow, Jan 4, 2001.

1. senor plow

senor plow LawnSite Member

During saturdays big blizzard nor'easter (3 inches here), I could see my wind shield wipers on my 84 full size jimmy start to slow down and then completely stop. I would turn them off for a while and turn them off after a couple of minutes and they would start up and kind of work for another few minutes and then they would stop again. They finally stopped completely and I was plowing with no wipers for like 2 hours. Thank god I used rainex on my windshield. SNow and water just beaded right off. What should I do to fix my wipers. There is no snow or ice around them now, so thats not the reason why it stopped. What do I do now?

snow showers expected this weekend.

I just added about 400 pouds of sand in the back to get better traction
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds to me like your wiper motor has gone south. I would try replacing that first. How old is your truck?

3. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

same thing happened to me while i was plowing a neighbors driveway......but it was just an ice build up. I guess it was just a rookie mistake because i didnt clean around them before i started.

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.