1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Windsor vs Stellar

Discussion in 'Unique Lighting' started by lschwisow, Jan 21, 2008.

1. lschwisow

lschwisow LawnSite Member

I have used the Windsor as a wall washer...but I'm now considering the Stellar on job I'm looking at. My reason is that the wall is low (3ft max) and there is a patio above the wall. My concern is to keep the light out of the eyes of people on the patio, but stll get maximum spread of the illumination on the wall. I'm not familiar with the spread coming from the Stellar, but can I assume that it is wider than it is high? If so, this will allow me to cover more horizontal wall lenght without have light leak above the wall.
    Any thoughts on this would be appreicated. Larry
  2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

It is a safe assumption that the spread on the Stellar would be wider than taller but it really coems down to the way you are aiming and angling the light. The width will remain the same unless you install one of the supplied spread lenses, and we do include a linear spread that will allow you to spread the light out horizontally while narrowing the beam verticlly as to acomplish what you are describing. The Stellar is your best option for sure here.

But keep in mind a lot of people dont know this but you can order the Windsor in a 3" hight as well. Just order the Windsor3 and the light will come with a shorter stem to help better give you the height that a Stellar offers.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!!