Winter Approacheth- Annual Ski Trip

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Dec 10, 2012.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

There have been some emails going around behind the scenes concerning the annual ski trip. I think the Salt Lake City area has been identified as "off to a decent start" in the snow world and we haven't done that area yet.

I motion to make it so and propose the weekend of March 1ish-4ish.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, Dana.

ski.JPG

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So I started the email conversation about the trip, and then faltered on following up with a Lawnsite post or recon for the trip. Oh well, hit shappens.

Yes, Utah sounds like a good time, good snow, new place, easy airport access and close to resorts. Those dates sounds fine by me. Any later and we start getting into spring start up time, and it's early enough that it doesn't run into the spring break crowds. Input from others would be great as well. Matt can't do the weekend earlier (I think it's that weekend).

Matt- what site did you use in the past for locating lodging possibilities? I can start looking. I may drive there, as it's only 8.5 hours, and then we'd have at least one vehicle. I can get 5 total in the truck, maybe 6 with a little grease. I had fun snowshoeing with Pete and Les last year, and may try doing that again one day. So I may look for lodging that is close to areas for shoeing, with no driving. Also, I'd like to hit up the local area for some food and beer this time, as last year we stayed at the rental home the whole time.

Input would be appreciated for:
    Who might go
    Resorts close to Salt Lake City
    Lodging requests
    Dates (may not be able to accommodate everybody, sorry)

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i just booked my bi-annual vacation for january :-( hitting up Vegas, never been, don't gamble want to see lights and take the dam tour.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Aint no thang, you got it going, I'm here to help.

Correct. I can't take that kind of hate before and after the trip from the wife.

I like all this too. Let's get out and about. Craigslist then VRBO have been my best luck... I'll look too, maybe put together a comparison like last year?

I'm in with one more, most likely.

[​IMG]

House with many a bedroom.

You should be in the mood to join us again on this side of the country in early March!

5. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

March 1-4 is great, or a few days prior or after those dates.
    Maybe we will see some of this.

Attached Files:

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

If you guys do Utah, BYOB.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Utah is not a dry state anymore, and actually have some incredible craft breweries. If I drive, I may still bring some CO brew though.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, it's well known how you Colorado boys like your Coors.:drinkup: :waving:

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

That's offensive, and I only lived there for 3 years. (hopefully soon to return! :))

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Or as we call it, Rocky Mountain Pi$$ water :drinkup: