1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Winter Blahs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I've got so much to do for the spring but I've got no motivation. Especially with all this snow clearing I've been doing lately. Every year I come up with a list of stuff to accomplish during the winter, but when winter is here I never seem to get this stuff done. I've got no motivation though. Ugh.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I've got a list too, so far crossed 2 small things off it. Had a brief moment of motivation right after New Year's. Sort of at a crossroads, not quite sure what direction I want to take the business in, so I just keep thinking about things. Maybe it'll payoff in a few months.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am with ya. I don't do snow so I have lots of downtime. I am getting good at playing computer games. I have to figure how to change that into money!
  4. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I think we all bust our a$$ so hard all year long, it just takes a little while to recover. I've gone through the same thing every winter until about February, then I slowly start building momentum. Maybe go out and talk to a few commercial prop. managers, hang a few door flyers or something to add revenue for the year, that always gets me a little excited. I've put in a few commercial bids, haven't heard anything yet but at least it makes me feel like I'm doing something. Hang in there MTD you'll snap out of it. :waving: