1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Winter Break?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Nov 29, 2007.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

We are finally getting done for 07! It's been a long one!

Just curious to what you all do over the winter break?

Plan for next year?

Any of you have any big plans during your break?

I have absolutly no plans other then going to a couple trade shows, trying to grow my business...and can't wait to spend more time with my family!

What about you all?
  2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Gearing up for snow, here. Have been out 3x salting, with a few straggler lawns as the snow melts. Between snow events I get out prepay/renewal letters and work on equipment. Trade shows as weather allows. With all that going on it doesn't seem like there's much down time left anymore, but I guess that's ok too, as long as the books show the results of all the work. Oh yeah, have to close out year end books and do taxes, too, lol. We do try to slip down to Disney around the last week of March before all h**l breaks loose.
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Snow Plow!!!!!!!!
  4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Marketing, family time, beer, football, hockey:rolleyes:
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Change oil, tuneup, paint equip, enter records into database, plan and meet with suppliers, write newsletters for next year, tradeshow.
  6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

vacation, travel, sleep and then after my fill of that i will get my service contracts done the the next season(s). but first i sit and do nothing.!!!!!!
  7. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I plan for the next year and snow plow. This time of the year will decide if you do well next season.
  8. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

snow plow and get ready for next year do a few odd jobs here and there
  9. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

We're still praying for rain--probably wear our knees out in prayer
  10. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

I am starting my own company...so i am working on sales and getting equipment.