Winter Cash Ideas

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by GTLLC, Nov 8, 2007.

1. GTLLC

GTLLC LawnSite Member

I head you can't mow snow;)

Here are a few winter cash ideas; tell me what you think and feel free to add your own. People in the south--- when the global warming fantasy dies out:laugh: the new ICE AGE will be coming. Then of course, you will have a need for these ideas.

The obvious are excluded because they are obvious (plowing & Christmas lights)

1. Renting heated mats for commercial businesses (sidewalks, entryways)

2. Giving entrepreneur/business classes at your local tech college

3. Using your pole-shed/warehouse for auctions or storage rental

4. Ebay your previous season's mulch/compost to our southern clans

Your thoughts..............

2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sell used cars.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

tree service and land clearing. big bucks buddy.

4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Well if you have welding skills put them to use.

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Sell babies. I've been selling 1 baby a year in december for a few years now. My old lady and I make a new one in January. Little booger pops out in spet/oct. Then straight to ebay. 20K per kid get me through the winter nicely. March 15th you take whatever cash you have left and put in into a roth ira. Tax deduction. You get a child credit on taxes for having a child each year. Best money I've ever made.payup 2 minutes of work = 20K in my hand tax free and then turn it into tax deductions with investments. SWEET.

Wonder what my old lady will look like after about 20 more kids? :dizzy:

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Ha. LOL. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

Ever seen the tribeswomen in National Geographic?

:)

8. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

The global warming/ice age reference is funny. At least there is someone else out there that sees this global warming cult following for what it really is. There must be better things in life to worry about. And oh, at the horrible hurricane season the U.S. was going to have this year all because of global warming...Where are they?

I didn't know you couldn't cut snow??? I sometimes forget where some of you guys are from. I keep pushing my year-round mowing sales pitch. I'm in my little warm bubble in south carolina, and I have probably seen 6, 7, maybe 8snow events in my 32 years of life.

I sometimes wonder about the idea of holding classes. I have thought about holding different motivational seminars to business managers/owners. I have thought also about offering something to educate these home owners about lawns and watering properly, and problems to look out for. It would not only help the home owners, but would get your name out there also. I doubt they would pay for that, but a cool idea anyway.

9. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

Global warming? A Gore way to make money.