Winter ending

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zak406, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

You know its bad when the opening day forecast is set for 40 degrees. Last year at this time we were already cutting! Really need soil temp to get up to around 50 pretty fast, I'm sick of salting!

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

We had a foot of snow the day before :hammerhead:

I guess this is what Spring is supposed to be like, I guess I'm spoiled from the last few years when we were working by now.

3. Cody S

I guess I should count myself lucky then! haha

Spring is supposed to be birds chirping and sun shining, not sun/rain/snow in one day. This weather is just cruel now. Oh well, that's how it goes I guess, just itching to get out and cut.

4. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

I feel bad for you guys out there, it hasn't snowed since the 18th up here. Been nothing but birds chirp, sun, clouds... birds chirp, sun, clouds....

EDIT: and melting.

5. Cody S

Wish I could say the same about MI! No more snow on the ground, but it'd be nice if the weather would warm up a bit.

6. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

We're a good 2 weeks away before the blades start spinning here in SW Ohio. I think I'm about to lose my mind. There's only so much ESPN you can watch.

It's currently 32 degrees and there's snow on the ground. Should get up to around 50 in a week, though!

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Next week is going to be a door to door advertising free for all. The men will be separated from the boys. If you had already put out any door hangers or fliers you may as well have lit them on fire.

8. Cody S

Haven't touched a door hanger. People just don't have the right frame of mind for wanting lawn care when snow keeps coming down. I'm going to do EDDM to the subs I'm in already.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. PostcardMania

PostcardMania LawnSite Member

Hi Cody,

EDDM is a great way to promote your business, especially in your industry! How is it going? Are you using a mail house to run your campaign or are you doing it yourself?

10. Cody S

I haven't used it yet but I have selected my routes through the post office so once my cards come in I am going to send them out. So all my self.
    Posted via Mobile Device