winter haven-lakeland, florida

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cjcland, Feb 16, 2000.

1. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

anyone in this area let me know, i am just starting out and sometimes i get work that i am not set up do do, YET. <br>

2. mikeslawn

mikeslawn LawnSite Member
    from florida

I live about 30 miles from you. What type of work are we talking about.

3. cjcland

some bush-hog work for now but i get requests for irrigation from time to time and i have never done any so i could throw some your way when i run across it i have 2 acre that needs bush hogging for a customer of mine

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Hey Southside, there you go, a slashing job for you on the side. Can you come over and do it for him? LOL :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

5. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Eric, At 30 bucks an hour for travel time,<br>that job might be a handy earner.:)<br>Hey cjc,what sort of gear are you running?

6. cjcland

snapper 48 hydro<br>t230 shindaiwa weedeater<br>le230 shindaiwa edger<br>red max back pack<br>tanaka hedge trimmers<br>mac chainsaw<br>and then your basic assortmant of tools<br>and hand held sprayer....

7. mikeslawn

mikeslawn LawnSite Member
    from florida

We don't do bush hogging either Thats a whole different ballgame. Not too much into irragation either. But thanks anyways. We do work mainly in Hardee, Highlands, Southern Polk county. Its good to hear about someone close by.

8. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

How about renting a tractor and brush hog in my area you can rent for the day for about $150-200 just charge him for rental and your profit<p>----------<br>paul<br>

9. cjcland

i thought about that but its only 2 acres by the time i put my 30 an hour in and the rental they would probly laugh at the price i guess all i could do is try it

10. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

CJC, Iwould suggest looking in the yellow <br>pages in your area under bush hogging or<br>land clearing/firebreak contractors.Dont<br>bother hiring a machine or trying to put<br>your mower through overgrown land.Either way<br>it would cost you heaps.Using a tractor/slasher is real different from using<br>mowers,especially on steep ground.Lot of<br>guys get killed over here on tractor/slashers.You don't want to end <br>up playing cards with Elvis! :)