Winter Income???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coumbe, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

What do you full time guys do in the winter months? Only 3 months here in Houston. Not sure what I will do in my first offseason.
  2. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

in the offseason i do leaf removal and landscape installs.. I put of the big installs to winter if it is a okay with costomer when i have the extra time and need the extra money.
  3. 1. Blood Bank
    2. "Would you like fries with that"
    3. "Thank you for shopping K-Mart"

I shut down for Dec and Jan - take a vacation, do all repairs, visit pro-green expo, collect past due $, + all other prep, planning, and purchases for new season.

I did cover for a buddy that plows so he could take vacation, he sold out this year, I wont miss it a bit.

My brother works construction and a lot of those guys (around here) work retail at christmas time since weather slows work.
  4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My monthly contracts cover me all year round.
  5. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I either work for Accountemps or substitute teach plus I am also a high school basketball referee...Of course here in Illinois the off season is much longer, usually November thru March..
  6. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

This lawn care business is my side business.... I am a fulltime firefighter/paramedic. And I don't want anything to do with SNOW! Bad...

:blob2: :blob2:
  7. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

run numbers and football
  8. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

Plowing was a flop last winter. I Might have to find a full time job this Winter.:cry:

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Lay on the couch, drink football, watch beer, and check the mail for those monthly checks to come rolling in.

10. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I ice fish :) since i dont get to do any fishing in the summer months :mad: and wife brings home the bacon in the winter :D