Winter months

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lcooper, Aug 19, 2013.

1. lcooper

lcooper LawnSite Member
    from n/a

How many of you take winters off?
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

What's winter?
  3. lcooper

lcooper LawnSite Member
    from n/a

Sorry, those in the Midwest.
  4. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

And miss the easy snow plowing money?
  5. lcooper

lcooper LawnSite Member
    from n/a

I figured that those of you that boast about how much business you have that you would take the winters off.
  6. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

I sometimes wish that I could take the winter off, but I am so looking forward to the coming snow season! I hope that we get some of the jobs we have been bidding on already.
  7. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

since I just started, I don't do plowing, so I don't mow over the winter, instead I drive a truck hauling US mail. not a bad gig at @ $24/hr.
  8. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

I offer services to my customers all year long. Makes it easy to keep in contact with them. I would be afraid if i didnt do snow plowing that who ever does the plowing may try to steal the lawn care work away. Plus the money is great plowing and you get time off and still get paid
  9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Still got bills coming in...there is no off time really. We're in pursuit of snow contracts now. We'll do snow. Some remodeling. Looking at spacing a house again this year. I skipped last year due to other work.
  10. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member

We do snow plowing all accounts are per push so we need the snow. This year I'm hoping to sell about 50 loads of firewood to make some extra money. Other than that I might try to pick up a part time job or try to figure out a way to make some money this winter. I don't like cleaning my savings out over the winter to be broke again in the spring.