1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Winter months

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lcooper, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

Redden; Great pics. My wife always wanted a salt water aquarium. Much more color & variety than her fresh water tanks.

Winter's a good time to pursue our passions.

3. jay albers

jay albers LawnSite Member

I have a ski resort close by so work there in winter, I also officiate high school sports in the winter ( wrestling) which does pretty good on weekends.

Alot of places hire temps for Xmas ,

I do about 5 driveways with a blower to, ( I did the plowing thing but hated it) I like the blower way better

I teach a couple classes at the gym to

I don't make a lot of money at any of these but together it's not bad, also it keeps me busy and there things I enjoy doing

4. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are rcgm's pics. I just commented on them
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Outside of running the skid for my dad when we have big snows and running the bush hog for a local farmer, I plan on selling christmas trees this winter and that should be a great part time job considering the location. There are alot of thing you can do to make money in the winter. I also plan on getting my CDL licence this winter. CDL's are very valuable.

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I'm really curious why you like snow blowing better than plowing with a truck.

I do residential driveway and sidewalk snow relocation with blowers myself. This year I need to hit it hard.

Not much love over on plowsite for those who run blowers only. :rolleyes:

Any input appreciated.

:waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

Very fortunate not much down time here after leaf clean-ups end, maint. Work goes on Jan. And Feb. And any installs then March mulching,fertilizing and mowing all going again. Best case miss 2 weeks total work all winter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

You drive that black f150 and shop at the Kroger by target? Parkway commons.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

i just got back from 5 days in key west. that was my time off, then its 7 days a week until it rains or snows or I finish all my work then I have time off again until it snows which could be december or it could be january, either way winter is the time off, if it snows i work for 24-30 hours then I have a time off again until it snows again, in ct we could get 5 big storms or 3 small ones of 7 or 8 small storms either way i'm A ok with it!

10. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

No sir I have all white trucks and live in Greenbrier
    Posted via Mobile Device