winter months

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sparcolawn, Feb 9, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

does anyone just sit back and relax the entire winter with out doing anywork? if so hows that going? i have been able to do it this winter "faily" well, without any stress
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We just plow so that leaves a lot of free time off...especially this winter with a lack of snow storms for the most part.
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I do. Last day we worked was 12/8 on a "call in" leaf job from a non-client that he paid dearly for. payup
  4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

call me anal...but if time permits and this winter with a lack of snow it does...I spend time sharpening all the hand tools and coating them with WD40. Also get caught up or spend time better organizing the office (in my home).
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if it is a big plus we are able to work almost year round. Unfortunately we are only about 20% loaded so we are usually done in a couple hours. We bid on a lot of stuff we really don't like to do...but there are three of us on salary so we need work. We got a job today to tear down a shed and haul it off. A couple days ago we cleared out beds/fence lines etc. that had become overgrown in a customers yard. Tomorrow we are going to build some crushed stone paths at one of our resturants(rush job). I would go nuts if I didn't have work.
  6. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Full time job(if you'd call it that). Plow,plow when snow comes. I have a good size remodeling job going on. That keeps me busy, looks like I'll be out with the plow though next few days.
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have been enjoying sleeping way too much this's going to be hard to get back into a routine each day....nah, I do it for the $$$$ :D Glad I wasn't plowing this year, not too much to push around down this way
  8. niederhauser lawn care

niederhauser lawn care LawnSite Member
    from Utah

We plow snow in the winter so it depends on the weather, but for the most part its a nice break to relax and get ready for the long hard days in the summer.
  9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Snowplow only for me in the winter,other then that sit and relax and just wait for spring.
  10. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

I have been taking it easy here this winter. Work 2 days a week, and the rest just relaxing. I also went to Nicaragua for 3 weeks. Lately I have been working more, and getting geared up for the season! Good luck to all in 2005!