Winter Plans?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PicturePerfectLawns, Jul 28, 2014.

1. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

Thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss between the other members here. What do you plan for in the winter other then recovering from the grass season? House chores? Making extra money? Working on paper work? Business? Browsing Lawnsite? :usflag:

I'll start it off. I spent all last Winter planning a marketing plan before going in business. I'd like to hear what you guys do in the Winter to prepare for the following year?

Seems like this year I have a long list....

A. Find side-work moving people, buying and selling, and tree trimming.

B. Cleaning up and organizing the garage and all the tools.

C. Rebuilding the whole bottom / top end on the JD Stander.

D. Rebuilding the entire truck engine /bottom and top.

E. Installing new landscaping around the house before early spring.

Now let's hear everyone else's plans besides RECOVERING. :laugh:

2. xstatikplus

xstatikplus LawnSite Senior Member

Plow snow :/
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. carltonbell1991

carltonbell1991 LawnSite Member

since my flyers worked farely well i plan to put together a flyer with my prices for clearing a driveway of snow, bagging up leaves, and hanging up christmas lights. also doing chainsaw work. hopefully i will get a little winter work. im a little nervous about doing the christmas lights though. im kinda heavy set now and im afraid of falling off the ladder.

i also plan to make a list of every street i plan to flyer. i expect this to be a rather long list as i plan to pass out 10000 flyers a month for 1 or 2 months. probably 2 months. so 20000 all together.

4. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster LawnSite Member

Winter....Hmmmmm my favorite season!!! Hahah I think I'll take the boss plow out and use her.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Hopefully we have another good one unlike the past few however I do like the cheap prices on plow trucks and snowmobiles after a crap winter
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

Winter? What's winter? Lol. I live in Florida and I was mowing into November/December this past season. But during the "cooler" temps I'm doing leaf cleanups and firewood.

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Winter can't come soon enough here. I hate August - October. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Finish remodeling, figure out getting PT help legally, wax equipment, clean trucks, get box truck wrapped or lettered, snowboard, and relax! Should get most of this done except the last 2.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

Def. Downsize the snow a bit. The record breaking snow last year killed our 3 truck operation. A more casual and easier approach when it snows will be better instead of #))%#)) its snowing and we are going to die.

On the Locqus side will be working hard on that during the down season as I phase myself out of Shamrock. The winter will be exciting. Big deals in the works etc. Keeps things interesting.

On the home front I will be in the market I believe, or I would like to be. If not I will be fixing up the current abode and distracting my girlfriend from the big M word with maybe a kitten or something.

10. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I've got house projects I didn't finish last year. Also have to demo and retile my upstairs bathroom.

Other than that, lay low, and set up a game plan for next year.

Debating on going down to LA to see my buddy again for some hog hunting....maybe I can talk the wife into it!