Winter Projects - What Are Yours?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SLC LLC, Dec 29, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

As many of us are now finished up for the season - what are the business related projects that you cannot wait to get started on. I have a list so long I will never get finished up before the season starts back up with this broken arm I have.

However, have been able to get a jump start on repainting the trailers. Found a great paint that covers well, is very thick, and holds up against the dings a trailer gets throughout the season. I am extremely pleased with how well they are looking.

Shooting to get new scheduliong software figured out and names, routes, etc. entered in.

And the list goes on... what are all of you up to?
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I just started on my trailer but I was thinking...has anyone used line-X on the Trailer insted of paint??.. Thats what I'm doing on my trailer.:rolleyes:
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

omg... ok, here goes:

Today: Register the new truck, then do a complete tune-up (oil change, spark plugs, HP wires and HP cap + rotor, air filter. Then, clean it inside out, get the toolbox working (some lock issue) and transfer all the stuff and clean the old truck good and put it up for sale.
    This likely won't be finished today.

Take apart the core aerator and clean out the $&^% plastic crap that got caught up in the axles 2 years ago which the customer swore would decompose, replace the main bar, replace the throttle cable, order the gear to replace the one with a broken tooth (and wait), then put it all back together.

- Replace the 98's Wb 15hp Kohler, which has to be ordered.
    - Remove 4 tires on one car and get the old tires off the rims and put the new ones on, plus put the best of the used tires on the spare rim and go donate 2 donut spares. Then, go get the 4 new tires balanced, and re-install.

Wash and wax most everything.
    Replace most spark plugs, and go completely over everything.

I forget the rest, but there's oil changes and all sorts of tune-ups, will likely keep me busy for at least a month.
    Oh yeah, finish repainting the inside of the house :laugh:
  4. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Still makin' money here in Central Pa. No snow to date, but I have a defense contractor who has a large 30+ acre campus facility. We've been pruning and installing 75 ton of riverstone for the last few weeks.

It's great to work this late into the season, but everything else suffers. The equipment still needs to be winterized, all trucks also. Not to mention the plows and blowers. Oh well, like the farmers always say " You have to make hay when the sun shines" . The sun is still bright here in State College, at least for now.....

Here's to a great 2007,

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Im just doing all the final clean up of my shop and equipment. I also need to repaint some parts of my trailer and redo the bearing too. Im also looking for a biz program I can put on my laptop to keep better trac of clients and services this upcomming year, anyone have any suggestions?
  6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

running my other 2 Businesses and waiting for spring to get here
  7. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Building a striper for the Dixon, building a tool and blower rack for my trailer, cleaning the shop, making some trailer signs.
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I had some left over herculiner when I did my truck bed so I rolled the top of the rails of my trailer. Basically any flat stock that I step on when i get in or out of the trailer. Its great when the trailer is wet I don't fall on my face. :hammerhead:
  9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Alot of projects here, Ive got 3 mowers to completely service. The work truck to service and bearings in trailers to check. Ive allready painted the dump and tandem trailers. Ive got 4-5 trimmers to replace plugs and air filters in also. Plus here in Va we have a state inspection on vechiles so I need to get 2 trailers and 1 truck to the garage for that before march and then that will be good for another 12 months

10. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of a striper are you putting on the Dixon? I am gonna try one made out of chains.