Winter Property Check??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.H.BOY, Nov 30, 2004.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a lady that I mow (first year) ask me if I do winter propety checks. I asked what she means and she tells me she wants someone to just stop by once a week to walk around the house and property to check up on it. Felt kinda dumb---WINTER PROPERTY CHECK-- ;) ;) . Anyways I said yes and told her Ill be back this week to give her a contract to sign. Do you guys ever do this?? Can you help me with price. She goes to Fla. in winter. She'll be back 1st week in april and she leaves in two weeks. Big house like @4500 sq. feet. I plow for her neigbor in the winter and charge $45 bucks a storm, so it will not be a problem to do.Any idea?? She does want me to feed the birds at her feeder every time I go.Please dont tell me to skip out on her and tell her that I did go every week.Nice old lady. Thanks for any replys :D

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Does she think you are a security guard? I could see stopping in to see if by some strange occurence that the grass needs to be cut, but not to check on the security of her property. Will she pay you for this?

3. N.H.BOY

Yes she will pay, but I do not Know what to charge.About 15 weeks total. I was thinking $25 a week? I dont know!!! The only thing is feed the dag birds. :dizzy:

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I would do it. If you only have to go by one or two times a week, $15 to $25 a week would be OK if it's not to far from where you live.

5. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

You plow her neighbor all winter? If you don't have to make a special trip then why not do it? Twenty-some odd weeks @25$ is worth the effort (plus the good will)

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You get these people charge a fair price she will probally turn out to be a good account.I have a few like this.

7. N.H.BOY

What will be the fair price??? That is what is driving me nuts :dizzy: ;)

8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like easy money to me walk around the outside of the house and check make sure everything is o.k. If it were me I would let the police know I was walking the yard once a week.

9. N.H.BOY

That is a very smart idea and that will be done, I forgot all about the police. Thanks for that one Lux Lawn. Do you think thats a fair price at $25 a week?

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

$25 per week for that is great and if there is a problem you call the lady and tell her about it.I would do it.