Winter questions...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DPruett2333, Nov 4, 2003.

1. DPruett2333

DPruett2333 LawnSite Member

What do you do to winterize all of your equipment? Blowers, mowers, weedeaters, etc...
  2. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I drop to s.p.f. 15 and run everything every other week.
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I put them in the shop. :D
  4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I asked this same question last winter. If you do a search for "winterizing" and click on the "titles only" box, you will see the was called "winterizing all your equipment"....a lot of good info is in that thread.
    (sorry, I dont know how to show a link to the thread here)
  5. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: powerwash, dry everything well, put a light coat of wd40 and put some stabil in fuel and run through, usually after xmas i go through everymachine and replace anything that shows sign of wear. i hate downtime, since weve done this things have been great. tony
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. DPruett2333

DPruett2333 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies guys!...:)
  8. T. Matthews

T. Matthews LawnSite Member

Hey ,

I do the same, Pressure wash dry, run carb. out of gas. I also pull the plug and spray wd 40 into the head then pull the recoil a couple pulls to lube the cylinder walls to prevent any moisture from building up and creating any rust. then put the plug back in.
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

brush the snow off them every now and then. in spring, add gas, change plug, vrooooom
  10. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

i just crank and run all of my engines about once every week or two, and repair any obvious or potential problems. i try to keep everything under the shed or throw a tarp over it