Winter Services for Commercial Contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hardatworknc, Apr 26, 2008.

1. The commercial account we are trying to land is wanting us to make sure we provide a fair price per month so that when winter rolls around and there is no grass to cut, they aren't paying us to do nothing. I am trying to get an idea of what services I can add to the contract for the winter months that will keep us busy as well as allow me not to bid so low that I screw myself during the summer. We work out of NC in a coastal town. Rarely does it snow, so thats not really a service I have to worry about. I was thinking:

Leaf cleanup once a month
    Sidewalk and driveway blowing
    Second batch of pine straw will be changed out

Any other suggestions?

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

My 12 month commercials just need litter picked up and the occasional cleanup mow to make it look nice. You could offer fert and other stuff to compliment the service.
    However, my contracts just let them pay a monthly price for what's basically 8-9 months of regular service.
    Get what I'm saying? If they don't understand that, explain it to them.
    Example: Weekly service $50 x 32 weeks = $1600 divided by 12 months = $133.33 a month. Otherwise it would be at least $200-250 a month.

Also, leaves rarely fall all at once. Therefore, you'll need to make a few trips unless you wait to get them all at once and most decent commercials won't want that.
    Here's something. Cleanup mow and all that goes with it every 3 weeks, or as needed.
    Leaf removal once a month for 3 months when they start to fall (combine that with your cleanup mow). Litter and debris removal depending on what type of account. Bush trimming, tree limbing etc...
    Some commercials benefit from weekly visits just to pickup litter.
    It would help to know what type of account you're talking about. Tony

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Pretty must the same thing. Bulk up the summer months and bill less in the winter.

4. its a set of condos. 5 condo buildings