Winter starting off good...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Dec 16, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, what is this, the north east? Monday/Tuesday we had like an inch of ice here. LOTS of tree limbs down, some people still without power, etc. Then Friday/Saturday we had 6" of snow (quite a bit really for this area). One thing about it, all this extra money coming in going into the winter from cleanups sure is nice. Have over $1000 of limb cleanups lined up at 5 different places (easy money, really). Also am working with another LCO hauling off stuff for them with my Dad's C70 grain truck.

Kinda neat, got some new toys I wasn't really planning on. Got a Stihl 310 saw (and a friend is still going off on me about getting a 310 vs. 290 because the 310 is "way too big of a saw", costs way more, I wasted my money, etc. when the difference is $30 and a small HP increase). Anyway, LOVE the saw, cuts through anything in short order. Also got a Toro Powercurve 2450 (I think thats the number) snow blower. It has no problems with the 6" snow, and does a better job then any snow blower I have ever used. The saw has paid for its self already, and the snowblower will in one more snow storm, which looks like may be next Friday or Saturday.