Winter time!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by UNIQUElawncare, Sep 18, 2013.

1. UNIQUElawncare

UNIQUElawncare LawnSite Member

looking for a sideline to my mowing business to carry me through the winter. I don't want to invest a ton of money in snow removal equipment mainly because the pay out in my opinion wouldn't be well due to the lack of snows here in my part of Kentucky?
  2. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

You could do Christmas lighting which would keep you busy through the end of January.
  3. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know how close you are to a UPS location but I know they're always herring for the holidays?
  4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

i dunno man, it seems a little fishy to me
  5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Cut Fire wood There is good money in it If you have a place to cut

Last year my son made 500 a week on sales of firewood He took over my customers
    All summer long stock pile hard wood from tree jobs + have a farm we can cut off of
  6. mclawns365

mclawns365 LawnSite Member

Honestly? Best winter money I ever made was delivering pizza. Sounds childish, but I made minimum wage, plus an easy 150 bucks a night in cash. People don't wanna go out when it's cold I guess. It also kept me from sitting around blowing through all my savings while I was bored all winter. Now I stay home and play mr mom :( all winter. Miss that tip money tho....
  7. UNIQUElawncare

UNIQUElawncare LawnSite Member

I may cut some firewood. Ive got a ton of downed trees on my place. and yes sir I'm only about ten minutes from ups hub and an wharehouse. both good ideas they hire for holidays. And I'm not ruling out the pizza delivery either.
  8. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Lol damn auto-correct
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Delivering pizza is good money for the most part. There's huge money in firewood nd Christmas lighting, but Christmas lighting is hard to get into and build a customer base.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Two words.

Deuce Bigelow.

(sits back and waits for humorous post to be deleted)