winter watch who does them?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by noseha, Oct 30, 2006.

1. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I was talking on a post to a fellow lawn guy about this who does it? what do you charge? and tips

2. noseha

from MI

someone............

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

What the hell is a "winter watch"????

4. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea what is a winter watch?

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he means watching houses for homeowners who are away for the winter. I believe ECS does this as part of his business.

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

if this is what a "winter watch" is then is there money in it

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Sure you won't get rich quick, but it would help, winter months are notoriously slow anyhow.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

well if someone asks wed do it dont think its something id advertise for though

9. noseha

from MI

ya, that is it and no one does it. from what it looks like, I do about 1/4 of my winter income

10. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, that is part of my business. There is good money in it and lots of inside side work generated as a result. My goal is to get a lot more of these. I would like to have 3 or 4 times the the amount we are doing now. I do not want to depend on snow to survive in the winter, but instead have the snow part be all extra $$ for me. Right now we have 11 weekly, 1 that is twice a month, 1 when the temps get real low and 1 that I only do when the alarm company calls. I can do all of these in less than one full day right now. Make sure you have insurance to go into the homes as well. As I am plowing and shoveling their drive/sidewalks, my wife is doing the house check. Saves a lot of time and driving, killing two birds with one stone so to speak.