1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Winter watering restrictions

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by minx, Oct 30, 2012.

1. minx

minx LawnSite Member

Does commercial and residential have the same watering restrictions,
    Do they both change this week.. Do we go down to once a week..

2. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Where are you at? Around here the County/City sets the restrictions. Our's is twice a week.

3. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, depending on your area everyone is required to water once a week(commerical or residental). Sat or Sunday watering only. This time of year you really don't need to water more than once per week.

4. minx

minx LawnSite Member

it is at 2 days per week now.. I just thought when it went to winter daylight hours it changed back to once a week.. I cover a few counties.. orange, osceola and lake.. daylight hours change 4th november.. So I think I maya have to phone all counties.. last year we went down to the once a week schedule.. just dont want any customers getting violations. Gwen

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

You don't need the counties to tell you when to change. We do the same as Williams once per week.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

7. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

Per water mgt. district guidelines... back to once per week when the time changes (as mentioned earlier).

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yep My Catch 22

My area of S W Fla is right on the line and has a Central Florida Water District which is more conservative than the more liberal S W Water District of the next town south of me.

Now the real issue here is my area has a Huge Fresh Water source that just pours into the Gulf of Mexico but we can't water because we are in the wrong district. BTW just two miles up the River from me is my county's Water plant that supplies 4 other counties.

9. minx

minx LawnSite Member

I hVe st cloud city apparently staying on 2 days and orange county going to one (st johns catchment area). Still awaiting Osceola.. Which looks like there may be a possible divide.. Can't get toho website up.. So rang in aNd I am waiting with baited breath.

10. minx

minx LawnSite Member

Os eola 2 x weekly.. So I fall into 3 different ones... St cloud having a commercial day and Osceola not having one.. So only my st John ones to alter.. Guess that's good really..