Winter Work

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Something D, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

This thread is primarily for those who do not plow snow. In east TN there really isn't enough snow to plow to include this in our services. My question is this. Does anyone put up holiday lights for cutomers or are there any other ideas or services you could include during the winter months?
  2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I dont live in Tennessee and I do live in the snow belt, but I hear people talk about tree work during the winter.
  3. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

There are tons of ideas and work you can do in the "off-season". especially in your area.

Gotta Luv the Bristol area > Nascar < :cool2:
  4. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

We do seasonal decorations, tree trimming, leaf removal, and any other odd and end jobs we can find.
  5. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

lawnmowing servicce goes to handyman service. I can fix most anything home related.
  6. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

I started doing holiday decor take down and have been researching so I can do both put up and take down. There are some good sites to get info, enter holiday lighting into your search engine.
  7. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

I have a trash route and i also do hauling as in clean outs and clean ups . I also haul scrap cars trucks to home appliances .
  8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Im phasing out snow removal for the reason that we dont usually get a lot of snow. I just got my class A CDL and Im planning to purchase a reasonably priced used semi for the purpose of hauling over the road from Dec to April. I always liked the idea of driving a semi around the US but loved the lawncare/landscaping more. This way I can drive for a few monthes and go back to lawncare for the season. I talked to my insurance agent and he is willing to cover the semi during these monthes as long as there is no loan on it. I already have three trucks, the largest is a 16' flatbed that they cover
  9. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

that is a cool idea!!
  10. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, "Please pardon me on this", Why is it, You guys with the largest client bases or potential dont offer "Anti-Dessicants" during the winter months? payup Its hard to believe you guys would want some LCO or Arborist takeing the "Iceing" off of your Cake?"....No-pesticide lic. needed and a $40 back pack sprayer is all that is needed....I sell anywhere from 1-3 applications dureing the winter months [ charge double for single treatments / useing a heavier rate of application], My mimimun price for a 3000sqft property is $40, [ usally 3-properties for a 4gal. tank]....Guys ?,,,,Doin the shrubs......$95 for about 10,000 sqft properties and on estate size properties 1-3ac, I get about $450.00 [ thats 2-3 , 4gal. tanks]...Time wise talking about 1,1/2 hrs. max. [ and I'm faster if my ass is freezeing ].....This is Serious money, for the least amount of equipment.......I usally average about $1200 per day......"And So Can You".....Good Luck-regards Saxon :cool2: