Winter

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by tjlco, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Doh! We spoke too soon. Hard freeze in SD.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

And an air pollution warning for good measure !

3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

2 pm, and there's still some stuff iced over in my backyard. It's definitely been a cold weekend for this area, and tomorrow is forecasted to be just the same. Tomorrow morning should be awesome when I'm suppose to be out mowing at 8:00. Haha

4. Zech, do you live in the San Diego area?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. I'm sure it won't be as devastating as it would be here. So many people have tropicals here so freezes do mucho damage. The stuff out there is desert or desert like stuff...I am curios what does take a hit out there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. zechstoker

Quite far from it actually. I'm up in the lower part of northern CA. SD is about an 8 hour drive south of here. I'm fairly close to Sacramento, which would be a little over a hour north from here.

7. Oh ok. How low were the temps in your area this morning?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. zechstoker

I haven't seen the official temperatures from this morning, but it was forecasted to be as low as 26. Judging by the way the forecast is normally slightly off, it was probably more like 24 this morning.

9. zechstoker

Just looked it up. Accuweather says it was 24 this morning here.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I mowed Bahia grass the other day that was green. I cut a st Augustine lawn that had 3 to 4" of growth in 8 days. And I notice that some crepe myrtles had 6" of new growth. WTF?