Winterize

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Flyerwillmow4u, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Flyerwillmow4u

Flyerwillmow4u LawnSite Member

I am pretty new to the lawn care business and I am very small and only do yards in my area (homes only). Now that the growth is slowing down, I was going to offer my customers fertilizer application as a last feeding for the lawns. I see lots of Winterizer stuff (Scotts, etc) available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Which one is the better product? I was going to buy the bags and then add 10 bucks a bag to apply it...is that with in reason? I know I have to measure the length x the width to get the sq ft of the yard and determine how many bags I will need. Anyone have any pointers. I am in the Little Rock area to let you know what our temps are. Thanks!

Scott

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Your prices are entirely too cheap. Try cost of material and then X4 (that's not how I determine my cost, but it comes close to that). Then again, to put down fertilizer you probably don't need to be certified, have a license and insurance....so your cost are cheaper, but still think you are too cheap.

3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever you do, read this thread first.....

Winterizer

And if this doesn't make sense to you, you should not be applying fertilizer as a contractor. Raw product should be 20%-30% of what you actually charge for services. That is all I have to say about it.