Winterizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by tracyalan, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks quiet, I have noticed various response times, based on rain events mostly. In theory it degrades at a similar pace with the growing season as a result of soil temps. So I am guessing that even though it shows up in 2 weeks it is not all gone in 2 weeks. It should continue to release N as it continues to degrade.

In Texas, yours is probably used up more quickly than here. I wouldn't be surprised if there was residue in the soil next April, from what I applied last week.

2. Maybe you should consider charging a little more for your services, that way you could buy some better beer, and maybe the beer frats will change!

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

So know they have a product that will stain sidewalks if not blown off?

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Even worse if it gets wet and sticks to the bottom of your foot. :)

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thanks phasthound -- figured it was time to change my avitar (state fair queen riding in my Challenger) cuz my HAWKEYES don't take any "crap" this year. (organic humor) :laugh:

I also like timturf's idea. :laugh:

p.s. I'm a U of Iowa grad (school of Busness)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, Larry. If that well written and spelled sentence isn't an endorsement for higher education at the University of Iowa, I don't know what is. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Originally Posted by americanlawn
    p.s. I'm a U of Iowa grad (school of Busness)

Give american the benefit of the doubt, whopass.
    He could have majored in table bussing at U. of Iowa :rolleyes:

8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm gunna say many gradjitated with busness digrees, not Hordiculture. I no I did. :laugh::laugh:

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Okay you dipsticks, here it is -- raised on a farm in NW Iowa. A.A. degree at Iowa Central Community College (Ft Dodge, IA). B.A. at IOWA (college of business). By that time, I realized sitting in an office & balancing books was NOT for me. My hair was down past my shoulders, and I had a full beard. I became more interested in ecology, etc. Even subscribed to 'Mother Earth News' magazine. So I decided to attend Iowa Lakes Community College. Spent 2 1/2 years there, and got a A.S. in hort. Same weekend I graduated, I moved my family down to Dallas, TX and started working for ChemLawn Corp. This goes on & on, so I won't bore you to death with any more.

Hope you all now know why I'm a HAWKEYE fan who lives in the HAWKEYE state. :usflag:

p.s. Mickey Mantel was actually one of my customrs in Dallas.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Holy crap! A degree from AA? How's your liver?