Winterizing 2 cycle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddman35, Nov 10, 2000.

1. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what everyone did to winterize their 2 cycle equitment? i have used the search button, and i know there was a thread on it a while ago, but i couldn't find it. thanks

2. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons LawnSite Member

Clean them up pretty;
    fix or replace damaged parts;
    remove excessive carbon deposits on port/exhaust if needed;
    clean and regap plug;
    fill up with fuel & stabil or drain completely depending.

Yup, works for me.

gus

3. Alan

Alan Member

I fill the tank with fuel/stabilizer mix and use fogging oil to coat the carb innards. Been doing it for years now and have not had a single failure to start in the spring. They smoke a lot for a few minutes from the fogging oil but there is none of the white crap in the carbs that you get sometimes if you leave them dry. I do the same thing on the four stroke stuff as well. Takes only a few minutes and ends the hassles in the spring.

4. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

WAY TO GO ALAN............I HAVE BEEN FOGING MY STUFF FOR QUITE SOME TIME WITH GREAT RESULTS. THIS PAST SPRING EVERY THING STARTED AND RAN GREAT. IF YOU CAN FIND IT MARVEL MISTERY OIL IS A GREAT PRODUCT FOR THIS.

5. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

i just clean everything up and make sure all the gas is out of the tank and carb

6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We just run stable through motor for 10 minutes and its all set for next year!!

7. toddman35

thanks guys for all the input, but where can i get marvel mistery of stabil? do u think that the toro dealer will have them? after i get them do i just put in the right amount in the gas tank and run it? thanks

8. dhicks

dhicks Member

Stable and Marval Mystery Oil are typically available at most chain auto stores, K-Mart and Wal Mart.

9. toddman35

thanks ill be getting some today