Winterizing FasTrak 20/52

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Mike 142, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Mike 142

Mike 142 LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, my grass has stopped growing for the season and the snow is about to fly. I would appreciate recommendations for winterizing my FasTrak. The FasTrak will be kept in a cold and dry location (my garage). Thank you.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

First thing I would do is get some fuel stabilizer in the tanks and run the mower for a few minutes to get it in the fuel system, I would try to use up as much of the fuel in the tanks as possible, this way you will not be starting off next season with stale fuel and it will reduce the risk of fuel related problems in the spring.
    Second thing I would do is to clean the unit up a bit, get any grass and leaves off the unit, be sure to scrape the underside of the deck clean, maybe give her a nice wash and
    And last and very important, remove the battery and store it in a warm dry area, this will help the life of the battery greatly.
    These are the most important things.. of course you can do your spring items also, such as oil change, blade sharpening, air filter, oil filter and fuel filter changes.
    Your owners manual can really help you here.
    Hope this helps