Winterizing Hydro System

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALarsh, Nov 16, 2005.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

So this is my first year owning a Z and I am about to winterize it in the next couple of days. I have 200 hours on it so it is still pretty new. I am going to put stabil in the gas tank and fog the engine but to my main question, is there anything I need to do to the hydro's for winter? Anything else I'm missing besides the stabil, fogging, cleaning and greasing for winter for the Z?

Also, I have a sthil FS110 4-Mix and I have used it for one season (approx. 25-50 hours). I was wondering if I need to get the valves adjusted or anything special for winterizing (lost the manual) besides fogging and stabil in the tank?

2. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Toro/Exmark's should have Mobil 1 in the hydro's. Change fluid and filter at recommended intervals (500 hours I think). Nothing else needs to be done to the hydro's.

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

just me, but I would change the fluid at the start of the season, instead of the end.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I think that you can do both maintenanc at the beginning or the end, but I feel that the end would be better. Because then you might find problems that you then would have 3 to 4 months to solve before the start of the season, instead of finding out the problems at the beginning of the season

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Thanks for the replies.