Winterizing Irrigation System with no Power

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Maco Services, Oct 24, 2010.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Why not take the challenge, fix it right, and have a customer for life? Instead of always "cone markers in the truck and up the driveway". Educate them and fix it.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

piker doesn't stock his truck with skyhooks

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

To much liability. What with downspouts daylighting, house too close to the bank, unstable soil, tons of rain in the winter, no way. I looked at a lot after that, but bailed each time. Never did a high (150' to 500'+) job, gave me the willies.

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

sometimes, no matter how much fun a job looks like doing the liability outweighs the profitability.

5. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

6. Maco Services

Maco Services LawnSite Member

BPC - So If I pick one of those up, break the line and plumb in a fitting to blow through, add air, then I can use that to cycle through the valves? That way, I don't have to mess with pulling the generator up, or getting into the house to access a panel correct?

Thanks

John

7. BPC may not be back soon but that 24a will kick on one valve at a time. need to get to the wires and hook one to the common and each zone wire with the other clip. Turn it off and on each time you move the clip. Not sure it is good to have a compressor adding air during the temporary shut downs but you know more about that than I do.

8. Mike Leary

Not good, air (not the compressor) should be shut down. What a time-consuming winterize that will be!

9. Maco Services

Maco Services LawnSite Member

?
    I'm confused on that last statement. Are you saying shut down the air pressure between switching valves? I planned on that, just trying to interpret if there is another issue you're referring to?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Mike Leary

No other issue, sorry for the confusion. Have you found the manual bleeders?