Winterizing my machine and hose

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Ducko, Oct 17, 2011.

1. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I try to use most of the product by years end, but I leave whatever is left in the tank, outside for the winter. Top up in the spring, and good to go.

2. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

We are done now, finished up Thursday tanks are all empty and lines are clean. I will let what is in the tank sit and some time in January I will go out and tap on the tanks and agitators with a hammer and the sealer just falls off in the bottom of the tank.

3. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I know this is an old post , still trying to figure out leave sealer in tank or drain into plastic pails or barrel . People tell me 2 different things . :confused:
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. AffordableSealcoatingLLC

AffordableSealcoatingLLC LawnSite Member

Pump it out if you can into storage and keep them warm. DON'T let it freeze!

5. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

Dont let it freeze. If you can leave it in the tank put it in a heated garage. Or empty out into plastic totes and put it in the garage. Usually tanks up less space it totes.

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I drained blackmac from tank .Now how do I get diesel into the lines ?

7. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Guy from Protect Equipment just told me to NEVER use diesel in tanks or lines. Just leave 3 inches in tank and store for winter.

8. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

Yes dont use diesel. Use rv antifreeze works the best for winterizing.

9. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

For people who spray Blackmac sealer. Found out you can leave leftover sealer in your tank over the winter, just add fresh sealer in the spring and run pump at least 10 minutes with wand back into tank . NEVER use diesel fuel in tank or lines. :nono:

10. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I am installing a pressure gauge , tired of guessing. For $ 20.00 dollars worth a try . :dizzy: