1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Winterizing Pressure Washer

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jan 22, 2013.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I have a pressure washer I got for cleaning my kid's dirt bikes.

It's 15-degrees here.

I used the pressure washer 3 days ago. When I was finished I disconnected the hoses and I drained the water from the house and spray gun.

I pulled the starter rope on the engine about 6 to 10 times to get any water in the pump to come out.

I DID NOT put antifreeze in the pump. And now I'm worring :hammerhead:

what do you guys think, am I doomed??

2. patrick6411

patrick6411 LawnSite Member

There is a spray that attaches to where the hose does and you spray it into your machine, this prevents rust I know and pretty sure it is achole based do it would fix any left over water.

3. Certified MD Roof Cleaner

Certified MD Roof Cleaner LawnSite Member

Chances are it's frozen if there was water left in the pump. If it thaws out and there is no damage, I would recommend running rv antifreeze or -20 windshield washer fluid through the pump before storing in colder temps. I'm a bit nervous myself. I noticed I forgot to drain one of my water filters and it busted last nite. Just hoping I've got all the water blown out of my hose reels. The temps this week are much colder than we are use to.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013